Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Sushi making lesson.

Every once and a while I give a sushi making lesson. It's a great lesson as it's actually pretty easy to make decent sushi. I'm not going to arm wrestle a sushi master on this fact but for some californian rolls and some nigiri sushi if you follow instructions and are a little bit nimble of hand you should have no problem. I love the clean tasting flavours of the vinegar and ginger and am a little addicted to the whack of wasabi. I still like to think of it as healthy food, there's a lot of raw ingredients in there. Some kill-joy I was listening to on the radio who will remain nameless was denigrading sushi's nutritional stars, claiming it was high in sugar, low in fibre and therefore not so good for you. I do empathise with those not tolerant to blood sugar fluctuations but I have to think it still has to be better than alot of things. 
Back to the lesson it was a very sociable affair with guests rolling their own dinner to differing degrees of sucess, but that's the beauty of it it all tastes delicious. 
There's a photo of some maki rolls.

No comments:

Post a Comment