Monday, August 9, 2010

Birthday Cake.

For my latest adventures in cake making I took on the challenge of creating a very special cake for a 40th birthday. I went through a few design ideas before coming up with my final plan. The problem with not having loads of experience is I have a idea in my head but it doesn't always come out the same when in food form. I had some glam ideas but then realised it might look too like a wedding cake if it was all white with sparkles. I hit on the idea of using macarons to bring some chi-chi glamour but with colour! I have to admit I was pretty pleased with the end result, and when it was lit up with sparklers it looked good. The celebration was in The Cobalt Cafe on North Great Georges St. I had never been there although I had heard of it as a venue for small gigs and art exhibitions. It is gorgeous, It has beautiful georgian rooms with high ceilings ornate plaster work and massive gilded mirrors. I will definately keep it on file for events in the future.


No comments:

Post a Comment