Friday, February 5, 2010

I have a bit of a crusade going on. I think it's in my genes...
I love a proper bakery and there are so few around any more that I feel the need to alert people to the good ones. I just hate crap bread, we all know that fluffy, not-cooked properly stuff.
I have a few favourite haunts but always have room for a few more. I drove by this place last week and had time today to go and investigate a bit more closely. It's called the Corner bakery and it's in Terenure. It's a lovely little place lined with loaves of bread with character and lots of baked things. I bought two gnarly ( I mean that as a compliment ) bagettes, carried them home under my arm feeling very french. I devoured almost the whole of one of these beauties, the texture was dense and delightfully chewy, I'll definately be back for more.
The corner bakery is 17 Terenure Road North, D 6

No comments:

Post a Comment