Friday, February 5, 2010

INTRO


I’ve thought about blogging for some time now and have decided in 2010 it’s time to take the plunge, feet first…

Can seasoned bloggers please forgive the newbie for any unintentional guffs, faux pauxs or any abuses of the system. I’ll get the hang of it.

My hopes and dreams are that this will be an amusing commentary on food affairs , life in general and also an archive of my researchings….!

To give some background I am self-employed in the catering trade. My job has many facets, I cater for all occasions, I teach cookery lessons, I chef for cook books and cookery shows among other bits and pieces.There’s hardly ever a dull moment..although as a contractor the flip side of that is the constant angst of “where the next job is coming from” I’ve learnt, or more honestly am learning, to ride the waves and there is the thrill of potential job mana around every corner.. For example working on the TV shows this year was an unexpected delight and with a bit of luck I may do a few more.

I spend a good bit of my time trawling around our various food outlets for ingredients both exotic and familiar and hope I might be able to direct some foodies to sought after items.

When not cruising around the shops or on a job I’m often to be found testing recipes and ingredients, I nearly always have a back log of new cook books and clippings of things to try. At the moment top of the list is some Butterscotch cream pots from a blog I follow. Mmmm or as my sister would say Nnyummy. So I can filter through some recipes and offer some short cuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment