Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Skiing.


Just back from a week skiing in Austria.
I'm just past being a beginner. I've been once before but that was a bit of a disaster. My mission this time around was just to improve and I'm pleased to say I managed that. In fact I'm still not very elegant but I got over alot of fears and am happy enough to go off into the unknown as long as I don't have to do any black runs ! We were incredibly lucky with the weather, there were two stunningly sunny days and then a few with snow falling. I find snow so magical I loved it even though it was so so cold. My face was entirely numb for one of the days.
Not much to write about the food. Up on the mountain it's purely fuel. Back in the village, at least it wasn't all cheese.
Check out the lovely Aldi ski suit. It's a little beyond me but it attracted sizeable attention from the locals... Must be the pink trim making them blink excessively..


No comments:

Post a Comment